By Nazar Tymoshyk and Stanislav Breslavskyi
- Wearable device itself
- Device you transmit data to (e.g., smartphone)
Invading Privacy: Targeted Advertising
Spying, Robbing, Housebreaking
Ten Easy Steps to Mitigate Wearables Security Risks
- Keep the very wearable device protected.
- Ensure account safety and cloud synchronization security with reliable password recovery security questions and two-factor authentication modules.
- Use multiple passwords for different systems, as well as change them once in a while.
- Lock your screen and encrypt your data.
- Be suspicious about the websites and services that request too much information.
- Switch off Bluetooth when it is not used.
- Always carefully read Privacy & Security Policy.
- Install your OS or app updates right after they become available.
- Don’t be overly fanatic about check-ins.
- Trust, but verify.